- 32 uur
- 2500 - 3000 EUR
What are you going to do?
Our client is a logistics service provider for Electronic manufacturers. They process different electronic goods and parts to their business clients. Their highly automated warehouse (170-200 operators) is located in 's-Hertogenbosch.
To facilitate their growth, their are looking for a Safety Engineer in their warehouse.
As Safety Engineer, you are responsible for everything related to safety/health & environment, in and outside the building. We expect a proactive attitude in which you jump in or stop when necessary.
Your interpersonal skills guarantee that you have a great impact on others and you are able to influence decisionmakers at all levels to make safer decisions and avoid unacceptable risks.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for development, implementation and supervision of the Health, Safety & Environment policy. You do this by a thorough understanding of risks, relevant legal requirements and standards.
- Work together with other departments, stimulating safety awareness and behaviour of all employees to drive risk reduction and the safe execution of operational work.
- Promote continuous improvement in resources, processes and products through the application of continuous improvement methodologies.
- Development and improvement of competency based safety & PPE- training, providing execution support.
- Keep track of changes in legal requirements and standards and advise the site leadership team on how to adjust processes to comply in a pragmatic and cost effective way.
- Steer incident reporting and investigation process by ensuring reporting is in time and correct, investigations are thorough and followed up by effective risk reduction measures.
- The H&SE is responsible for the RI&E and execution of the action plan
- Responsible for compliance with the requirements for dangerous goods
- Responsible for the emergency/first aid team and the practical execution of this
- Teamwork skills: You stimulate and inspire to teamwork and cooperation and you prioritize common goals before individual goals. Enable others to speak up and present ideas and worries. Propose initiatives to meet common goals. Support others and builds and maintains effective and respectful relationships with stakeholders at all levels.
- Proactive mindset: demonstrate proactive behaviour by continuously taking initiative to implement required improvements and mitigation of risks and motivates others to do likewise.
- Influencing skills: able to influence others and have a large impact, by building effective relationships built on trust and respect. Demonstrate active listening skills. Able to have difficult conversations, providing feedback in a constructive, coaching way, whilst being persistent in conveying the message.
- Strong analytical skills: you are able to quickly analyse and review vast amount of data and extract the essentials from it as base for fact based decisions and prioritizing work.
What will you get in return?
A challenging role for 32 hours a week with a lot of responsibility, independence and development opportunities.
Your salary is based on the weight of the position, your experience and education. But our client doesn't just reward in money. They think it is important that you continue to grow. Because this development benefits both our warehouse/people and your career. That is why they invest in relevant education and training within your field.
- Up to 3000 euro a month, based on experience
- 28 Holidays
- Informal company culture
- High-tech automated warehouse
Who are you?
- You have completed a safety education (MVK/HVK) or relevant related education
- You have at least 3 years of experience in a similar position in a logistics environment
- You see the great importance to safety and the environment and has a high quality awareness
- You are an independent person with a 'hands-on' approach.
- You are analytical and offer solutions to problems that arise.
- Paper emergency response / prevention officer an advantage
- Experienced in giving trainings related to safety policies
- Good expression skills in Dutch and English, both orally and in writing